Having a welcoming, interesting and quality front door or replacement windows on your Fair Oaks, CA home is one of the best ways to not only put your best face forward to the world, but to increase your home’s curb appeal and value. While investing in a brand-new front door is a sure-fire way to make yours nice, sometimes there isn’t room in the budget or schedule.
If you’re short on time or cash, you can easily upgrade your front door with a quick coat of paint. All you need is an afternoon and a great color and you’re on your way to a fabulous front door. Which color should you choose? Here are some of the most popular front door colors:
- Yellow – Welcome your guests with sunshine and warmth through a yellow front door. Sherwin William Ravo de Sol is bright and warm, while Benjamin Moore Stuart Gold is more elegant and refined.
- Blue Green or Teal – Teals and blue greens give your home an effortless farmhouse or beach cottage feel while keeping things modern and fresh. Some teals are bluer, while some are greener. There are even teals with grey tones for a more muted appeal. Look for blue green or teal paint colors like Benjamin Moore Wythe Blue, Mexicali Turquoise, and Cool Aqua, as well as Sherwin Williams Aquarium.
- Green – Green is reminiscent of beautiful plants and cozy cottages. You can choose a solid dark green for a classic look or go brighter if you’re feeling bold. Either way, Sherwin Williams Night Owl and Rock Bottom, as well as Benjamin Moore Mohegan Sage are great green front door paint choices.
- Red or Burgundy – Red is a vivacious pop of color ideal for a front door, while burgundy gives you that red vibe while being a bit more muted. Some great red paints for front doors are Benjamin Moore Sundried Tomato, Dinner Party and New London Burgundy, and Sherwin Williams Chinese Red.
- Navy Blue – Blue is always rich, sumptuous and classic. You can have fun with navy blue, making it brighter and more fun or rich and deep. Check out navy blue front door paint like Sherwin Williams Naval and Cyberspace, and Benjamin Moore Hale Navy and Newburyport Blue.
- Black – Black front doors are modern, strong and crisp. They look especially fabulous when framed by white trim. A black front door is a great way to be on-trend without taking too much of a risk. There are lots of good black front door paints including Benjamin Moore Black 2132-10, and Sherwin Williams Iron Ore and Tricorn Black.
- Grey – Grey front doors look great with a wide range of home styles and colors. Benjamin Moore’s Amherst Gray and Kendall Charcoal are striking, while Sherwin Williams’ Gauntlet Gray lends a warmer, deeper feel.